Except fecal matter can now be found in 1 of 6 phones. And if you’re sure that your phone is one of the cleaner five, are you also sure that your friends’ phones are also immune to this hazardous lack of hygiene? According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 80% of infections are transmitted through hands- of which our phones seem to be constantly glued to.
If you had to list the last ten items you’ve touched, odds are it would go something like: phone, watch, phone, soda can, phone, phone charger, remote control, light switch, thermostat, phone. This allows your phone to accumulate all the different harmful microorganisms from your household objects via your fingertips. And you may wash your hands, but once you touch your phone again it’s back to square one.
A big issue for some of the most popular phones is that their screens lack the ability to be cleaned properly. Utilizing the proper disinfection techniques that make the phones safe to use, also damage the screens and make them unusable.
- Apple, for instance, advises against using cleaning products on your phone. iPhone screens are made with fingerprint-resistant, oil-repellent coating that can really negatively affect your screen when it’s damaged by cleaning products.
- Google says it’s alright to wipe your phone, but recommends avoiding rough scrubbing and harsh cleaning products.
- Samsung recommends wiping your device with a dry cloth or a slightly dampened cloth if needed.
This is why it’s necessary to spend a bit extra on a more effective protective film screen protector so that your phone screen can be cleaned properly. Most people will get a case to protect their phones from impact, but fail to realize that it’s just as important to protect oneself from things that can’t be seen with the naked eye. A quality screen protector will:
- Protect your phone screen from impact and be scratch-resistant
- Allow it to withstand harsh cleaning products
- Feature anti-microbial product protection
Perhaps the most effective solution for this in 2019 is the latest Seal Screen technology from Seal Shield. It’s a custom screen protector that was designed with all of these factors in mind. They were built specifically for hospitals but can be purchased by consumers as well.